PRAY FOR A DISCIPLE-MAKING CHURCH
‘Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you’
The mission of the Church is to reach the lost and help those new disciples grow in Christ, so that they can bring others to know God’s love. This is what we mean by “disciple-makers”. We are sent, like the apostle Paul to ‘open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith’ (Acts 26:18).
- Pray for the opportunities we create for people to receive Christ in our gatherings. In most of them we have such a moment. Pray that more will respond and that those making the appeals will have the wisdom and words to make Christ accessible to people.
- Pray specifically for those you are inviting and bringing to church who need Christ. Pray they will have open hearts and pray that you will make Jesus attractive to them.
- Pray that we will each be the ‘salt’ and ‘light’ that Jesus taught we are to be in our scattered places. Our ‘saltiness’ preserves their lives and our ‘light’ illuminates the path to heaven for them (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Pray for our front-line community ministries like CAP, Community Pods, Pastoral Care, Live Free & Twinkle Tots. Ask God to help enable deep conversations, miracle moments and open doors to those who don’t God.
- Pray for those who have been added into the TCC family recently. Pray they will put down deep roots into Christ and be protected as they take their first steps of faith. Pray for those who are nurturing them – their friends and the pastoral team – that they establish a great growth environment for them.
Let our collective heart’s cry be that in 2017, this church will be a House of ‘disciples who make disciples’!
‘Finally, brothers, pray … that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly’
2 Thessalonians 3:1